Sunday, May 30, 2010

Unresolved.


 So I'm sitting in front of our warm woodfire in my cosy lounge room and I'm contemplating life. Something said this evening by a beautiful role model of mine reminded me of something i have completly forgotten about, something that challenged my already challenged brain.

Take note...

"I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesnt resolve. But i was outside the Bagdad theatre in Portland one night when i saw a man playing the saxaphone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes. After that i liked jazz music. Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way. I used to not like God because God didn't resolve. But that was before all of this happened. "

People this is the author's notes from the best book i've ever read... "Blue like jazz" By Donald Millar. It is brilliant. Think about this passage. Then act on it. Changed my life. Go and watch somebody love something? sometimes thats all it takes. : )
Enjoy your night.

Peace and love, Becc xx

1 comment: